Monday 26 March 2012

The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

Well, that was one heck of a month.  Followers of the blog need no reminder that I’ve strayed just a bit from the original idea of the blog, but not out of scope.  For the last 30 or so posts I’ve been kind of obsessed with the setting I’ve designed copying Resident Evil in a Victorian setting.  This project has no final title, but has the working title Victorian Evil, which is as good as anything else for right now.  

Going forward, this project is far from complete, but it leaves the blog’s scope of designing characters and deeply descriptive scenes behind.  In other words, for anyone who joined during this long period and wants to see more, this project won’t be seeing updates here anymore.  

I said the project isn’t done, and that’s true.  I intend to take everything that I’ve already done over the last four weeks and reorganize and polish them, working them into a proper PDF.  The d20 Open Source content means that it’ll be provided free of charge, provided I can find a good hosting service.  If all else fails, I’ll just link to the Torrent.  This project will require time, so fans of the blog will be most disappointed to hear that I will be taking a short work-cation.  Call it a reduction, as I intend to post blog entries every other day, rather than every day.

The final announcement is that I will be returning the blog to its roots.  Visible way at the bottom of the blog archive is a short list of blogs that I was doing over a month ago that emphasize exactly what I want to be writing: scenes!  Tiny, one page snapshots of a moment in time, heavily focuses on character and setting.

I’ll check back when the PDF is ready to download.  Also, anyone with comments or suggestions for names (or just random tips with writing this setting generally), please do so in the comments below. For now, thanks for your understanding.

No comments:

Post a Comment